3D Ceramic Printing Service
While additive manufacturing or 3D printed freeform processes have garnered much attention and have found considerable commercial application with alloys and plastics; use of this technology has been extremely limited with Advanced Ceramic materials given inherent challenges with material shrinkage and powder characteristics.
Calix is able to offer a variety of Advanced Ceramic Materials utilizing a unique 3D process which allows cost-effective rapid net shape fabrication of very complex part geometries; that either would not be possible with traditional ceramic production techniques or would be cost prohibitive.
Examples of part types or structures allowed by 3D/Additive Manufacturing processing for consideration:
- Complex prototypes can be produced rapidly without high tooling costs and long lead times
- Engineered Porous components (layered honeycomb type), ideal for Metal Filtration or Radiant Heating applications depending on material utilized
- Obtuse or very complex part shapes are not an issue
- Finely Layered Structures, with blind features or interconnected complex structures for Heat Exchanger or Heat Transfer applications are possible
- Small complex components can be produced in high volume with good economics
- Functionally graded structures or connectors, with CTE compatible, multiple material layering possible (a means to potentially connect dissimilar materials, i.e. metal to ceramic)